Thursday, February 21, 2013

The Dreaded One Comes Anyway

   I tried as hard as I could to will tomorrow from coming but it doesn't look like I was very successful and it looks like as unfortunate as it is... February 22nd is going to come anyway and I will be turning 30.
   I can't really explain why I don't want to turn 30 or why I am dreading this birthday so much.  It just seems so final to be out of my 20s now.
   I mean, I'm glad I'm no longer the idiot I once was, but still.  I'm going to miss my younger days.  I know a few years from now, I'll be saying the same things about being glad I'm no longer the idiot I am today (or something to that effect).
   As some people know, CW and I have had to work on our birthdays so we decided to celebrate on our days off.  We went bowling and out to eat yesterday with my parentals and grandma.  Today we went out shopping.  I bought a few books and a water infuser I've been wanting.  I know, it's silly, but damnit, I really wanted one.  I mean, all I drink is tea or water, why not liven it up once in a while?
   Maybe that's why I'm so sad... it's like my birthday isn't a big deal because I have to work?  I haven't had to work on my birthday in almost a frickin decade.
   I'm off to wallow in self pity and read for my last 2 hours of being 29.  Oh what an exciting life I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment