Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Damn you, Getting Older...

   Yesterday, my nephew turned 1.  I love that little boy so much.  As I thought about his birth and him getting older, it reminded me of my upcoming birth anniversary.  In 9 days, I will be turning 30.  Something I've been dreading for a long time now.  Especially over the last year.
   Everyone I tell laughs at me and tells me how young I still am, or that 30 isn't old.  I'm not saying 30 is necessarily old, I'm just saying that I will no longer be young.  I'm no longer going to be in my 20s.  No longer a bebeh.  I'm officially an adult.  Yeah yeah, I know that I was considered an adult at 18 but seriously? Are we really adults at 18? At 30... I mean, you're forced to realize that you need a skin regimen and that wrinkles are going to start appearing eventually and that you're halfway to 60.
   I mean, ever since CW and I started dating the years seem to fly by faster than normal so, before you know it, I will be looking at a giant 6 and a 0 on my birthday cake.  I'm not even joking, it seems like just yesterday I was 25 and I was dating a young 29 year old man... now we're turning 30 and 34... 
   I don't have anything special planned for my birthday other than my normal family things, my husband isn't one to plan things on his own or even think of stuff like that, so I don't have to worry about over the hill surprises like my mom had on her 30th birthday.  I'm just kinda sad that my 30th birthday is so depressing for me and is going to be so low key as well.  I don't even know how to explain myself... 

No comments:

Post a Comment