Monday, September 15, 2014

BUTTERBEERISH!

So, I always crave this butterbeer I read about in Harry Potter books (p.s. I'm on the last one now) even though I've never tried it.  

I've looked up a few recipes and none sound too appealing or have too many ingredients or just blegh... and since I don't see myself going to Hogsmeade any time soon, I decided to make myself a cup of butterbeer, my own version.

It's really simple and can be made with 4 ingredients (possibly 3).  I may continue to experiment, but even my muggle husband enjoyed this!

ingredients
2 packets of Alpine Instant Apple Cider (or whatever brand of apple cider instant or not)
water (if using ready made apple cider just pop it in the microwave for a minute or two)
about a teaspoon or so of butter
2 small scoops vanilla ice cream


I put my cider packets and butter in my cup while waiting for my water to boil.

Once I poured in my boiling water, I mixed everything very well.

I put a couple of small scoops of vanilla ice cream in my cup and mixed it a little.

OMFG! here it is in all it's glory.  

So tell me, what do you think?  Do you have your own butterbeer recipe you've tried?

No comments:

Post a Comment