Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Narcoleptic? Perhaps... But probably not.

I haven't blogged in a while.  That was my bad.  I didn't manage my time well.  You see, I've had these bouts of narcolepsy (not really, but I'ma call them that) where I just pass the fuck out.  Seriously, I will be sitting there and then I am OUT.  Then 20 minutes, 40 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours, sometimes even 3 hours later I wake up like, WTF happened? So, yeah.  There was that and I had started on my dad's pillow case like a month ago and barely finished it like 3 days before Father's day.  I also made him a Teddy bear cuz I made my Ma a stuffed frog cuz she loves frogs and he loves bears (they both do) and he had made mention of wanting a stuffed bear when I gave my Ma her stuff for mother's day.  Here was his father's day (homemade) loot.


I painted this card in watercolor for him.

This is the HUGE pillowcase.

This was the teddy bear.  He was actually pretty big.  

So that was what I had been working on in between being a narcoleptic freak.  BTW the entire pillowcase is not crochet... that would have taken forever and a day.  Just the front is.  I broke a needle on my sewing machine sewing it to the fabric.  I sewed some if by hand.  Not that I didn't have more sewing machine needles but, that's kinda what you gotta do sometimes.  Also the painting came out a little off in the picture.  The coloring is weird.  The top color is purple but in the picture it looks blue.  Eh, it looks better in person.  My dad really liked his card.  I think that may have been his favorite gift (aside from his cigars). I think that was my favorite gift too.  I loved painting it.  I just love painting.  I need to do it more often.  Of course, no one really buys my paintings.  I've yet to sell one, so maybe that's it.  A little discouraged or something.  I have no clue.

No comments:

Post a Comment