Tuesday, June 26, 2012

My Mother, The Super Hero.

   My mom and I are very much alike.  We are both control freaks, we are both very loving with our pets, we are both giving, sensitive, bitchy, (ahem *cough* ahem) etc.  However, my mother has something that not a lot of people have.  Sure, some people do have it, but it's a huge accomplishment and I'm so very proud of her.  
   She has 2 Masters degrees.  She graduated last September, but only recently got to walk the line this past June 9th since the University only has one graduation a year.  My mother got her first degree while working graveyard shift full time and taking care of me full time.  It was an associates in Science of Nursing.  From there she got a Bachelor's degree in Science of Nursing, and then her first Masters in Business Administration Healthcare Management and now her Masters of Science of Nursing Education.   
   I am so very proud of her, not only did my mother do all of this while WORKING FULL TIME, she started this journey while raising me.  She incorporated spending time with me into studying as a child and I attribute this as to why I can spell fairly difficult words and speak semi decently.  It may not always show here on my blog, but I am somewhat educated, but here I let my emotional diarrhea spew and most times I don't even re-read what I write.  Anyway, back to the point, most people can't even get one degree in 4 years while not working at all any my mother managed to get TWO Masters degrees PLUS she even took a year long break in between.  My superwoman Mother did this all while working full time, taking call, and working overtime on occasion.  
   Granted, she may not be raising me now but she sure as hell does take care of my crazy ass.  Besides, is a mother's job ever really done?  
   I just wanted my Mom to know how very proud I am of her.  I'm always proud of her.  She's amazing.  No one says it enough.  People don't know what she went through in life.  She was a teen mom, had me fresh out of high school and now she's a double Masters Degree having Superwoman.  We went from living in a small camping trailer in my grandparents backyard to me, buying my own house at the age of 19.  
   I'm sad that more people weren't there to support my mother at her graduation ceremony because it was a HUGE accomplishment and she deserved to have the world celebrating her success or at least more people in our family.  I am thankful for those in our family that did support her.  I will forever remember these people and will constantly be at their beck and call in their times of need and support them when they need it (it's not many people, I can easily make this promise).  
  Mom, I want my readers (all 8 who subscribe LoL) to know how much I appreciate you!  I want the world to know (if any should happen upon this blog) that my Mother is amazing and if it weren't for this amazing woman, you wouldn't have the crap you read every so often, so blame her.  :)

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had known about it. I would have liked to have been able to share that special day with her. I look up to women like her. Sad I didn't know about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so close to getting your degree too! I'm proud of you!!!

      Delete