Friday, February 17, 2012

Wherefore Art Thou, Sleep?

Sleep evades me, yet my fiance gets all the effing sleep in the world.  According to him however, I don't let him sleep enough.  I'm like "excuse me, 8 hours is more than enough sleep."  I get by on like 3-4 hours of sleep.  WTF.  I don't get it.  People who get to sleep puzzle me.  I don't know if it's the bipolar or what, but I think about sleep like this, I could be doing SO MANY other things, like seriously.

Instead of sleeping I can:

  • read
  • write
  • crochet
  • paint
  • watch documentaries on tv
  • browse the interwebs
  • tweet about nothing
  • look up puppy and kitty videos on youtube and go AWWWW
  • learn a new language
  • sew things
  • bug my dogs and cats
  • bug my fiance
  • blog about not sleeping
The list can seriously go on, but that's a good little list of things I'd rather preoccupy myself with instead of sleeping.  Usually I don't bug my fiance cuz he gets kinda crabby (I typed crappy first, I think it was a Freudian slip of the fingers) he says he's not, but really, he is.  When he gets crabby, I get crabbier and I'm bipolar and my crabby is ten times a million crabbier than anything a lot of other people can dish.

Anywho, I'm awake.  I've watched a few youtube videos.  He started his vacation last night after he got off work so he wanted to stay up late.  Around 2:30am I talked him into turning off Modern Warfare 3 and turning on Frasier and then guess who SAID they weren't tired but fell asleep first?  Yep, him.  I was still awake untill around 4ish.  Then I woke up the first time at about 6:30 this morning and tried not to make noise then fell asleep again around 7:30 till about 8:30 then finally got my ass up and showered.  So since sleep hates me, I hate sleep.  I says, FUCK YOU SLEEP.  He is still sleeping.  I am trying to be nice and let him sleep in although I'd rather be out and about.  :)  The joys of a loving relationship.

No comments:

Post a Comment