Tuesday, February 21, 2012

'Twas the Day Before My Birthday

Twas the day before my birthday when all through the house,
The dogs and cats were all crazy but eh…they were just being themselves.
The number 29 lingered in the air…
Digging and grabbing, looking for white hair.

I played computer games all day in bed,
Trying to get that dreaded number out of my head.
My fiance made me breakfast as I pouted with my computer in my lap,
I thought maybe I’ll drink this birthday away with a few brews on tap?

Maybe something low cal, so I won’t get too much fatter…
Then I remembered I can’t drink so my dreams went splatter.
I’ll find something else to do at last!
Don’t worry about me, I’ve got plenty of early birthday cash.

I’ve had anxiety for the last six months about getting older,
I’ll cry to anyone, willing to lend a shoulder.
It’s not that I have fear about the unknown,
It’s that what am I supposed to do now that I’m full grown?

No comments:

Post a Comment