Thursday, February 23, 2012

Okay... 29 Isn't SO Bad

So I panicked for nothing... I sent out S.O.S warnings, smoke signals and had my flares ready for nothing... it really wasn't that much of a state of emergency.  Turning 29 wasn't the end of the world.  My skin didn't instantly wrinkle and my hair didn't instantly turn white.  I'm not using a walker, people aren't helping me cross the street, I'm still getting carded and I don't feel like the world is against me.

I had a great day.  It started at the stroke of midnight.  My wonderful fiance (I will always call him wonderful because he has to put up with my crazy ass, sometimes I don't even wanna do that) wished me a Happy Birthday as the clock changed, my phone chimed with a text message from my wonderful BFF at exactly 12AM it was wonderful!  I shut down my lap top as my fiance hopped out of bed to get my present that he had been trying to get me to open for the last five days and proceeded to open my brand new Kindle Fire which I have so lovingly named, Nancy.  Yes, I am THAT kind of nerd.  I like to name things I love.  My dogs and cats have names, why not name my material possessions that will also bring me great joy?

Now I feel like the Amazon commercial for the kindles with my regular Kindle with a keyboard and now my Kindle Fire.  My Kindle Fire feels perfect for me.  It's the right size and does just what I need.  My fiance's tablet is big, feels like it's made for him, this feels like it's made for me.  I love it.

The next morning we went to my parents' house for breakfast and I opened my presents from my parents.  I got some movies, clothes, bed sheets, a quilt, Katy Perry Perfume, Givenchy Perfume, sweater boots, cash, and a bad ass remote control helicopter.  They spoiled me.  I guess that's what happens when you're an only child with mental issues.  :)

After all that we went bowling and I bowled pretty well considering my average is 70.  I bowled an 83 my first game and 108 for my second game.  While my fiance and mom were playing a 3rd game my dad and I went off to play air hockey and we laughed our asses off.  It was great times.  It made me remember when I was 14 and my dad and I played against each other to open Christmas presents early, if I won we got to open a present, if he won, we didn't.  I won.  :)  This time, he won 2 out of 3 games, but we had a helluva lotta fun.  My mom said we were loud and screwed up her bowling game haha.

After that we went home, my dad baked a cake and made us dinner.  It was a good day.  I had a blast.  I was frickin tired by the time I got home.  CW and I put our new sheets and Quilt on the bed and played with our remote control helicopters (I got him one for Christmas).  My helicopter attacked his face.  I may have been flying it, but I didn't do it.  I promise.  

Yes, I may be 29, but I love toys.  Not only did I ASK for a remote control helicopter but once I saw my fiance's lightsaber, as I previously mentioned, I ordered my own and it came in today.  We battled outside earlier this evening and I had so much fun.  I was laughing so hard.  When our lightsabers clash they make sounds, when we hit each other they make sounds.  When we move them through the air they make sounds.  It's awesome.

Oh and my dad as per usual called me at 11:56PM which was the time I was born on 2/22/83.  He called me to wish me a Happy Birthday just as he always has since I've been out on my own for the last 10 years.  I couldn't have asked for a better way to bring in a birthday I was dreading.

I've come to realize that getting older isn't too bad.  Maybe the number attached to your age doesn't really matter, maybe it's the age you feel.  I feel like a young kid!  haha!  A kid that has to pay a mortgage and car payment.  Stupid bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment