Saturday, May 3, 2014

And then I became a child again...

   So, I've been in a pattern writing funk.  I have this design that I see in my head and I'm trying to get it to translate to yarn.  It's pissing me off so after two days of unraveling a bunch of stuff and writing every step down to several patterns that aren't right, I have decided to take a break.
   Not from crocheting but from trying to translate what is in my head.

I'm going to start working on one of my mom's mother's day presents which I think will be fairly easy, however I'm not sure.  It's one of those things that is in my head and I don't really write patterns for because it's just something I do without thinking.

On a non crochet note, I've been reading the Harry Potter series and I just finished The Prisoner of Azkaban.  You don't even know how much I love these books.  I never really fancied myself a fantasy reader, but then again I never thought I'd enjoy mysteries and now all I do is find myself perusing the Mystery section at the book store.

I suppose it is right what they say about tastes changing every something years... I've found that the Harry Potter series just makes me super excited and I dig into my mind as I watch the story unfold in my head in movie version.  I feel like a freaking kid again.  It's amazing.

My BFF got me into the series and I'm so effing thankful she did.  She gave me the first book and the first movie and that was it, I was addicted.  My mum just got me the rest of the movies for Mother's day.  (I'm a mum of furry four legged children, so yeah.)  I can't wait.  I need to watch The Chamber of Secrets and Prisoner of Azkaban.

I feel absolutely giddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment