Monday, December 24, 2012

Hispanicah/Festivus/Christmas

  As a lot of people who know me know, my parents and I started a tradition when I was about 13 years old where we open a small present a few days before Christmas.  Over the years it has evolved into a week long celebration that we have dubbed "Hispanicah." Why? Well, because we're hispanic and we thought it was fitting.  It starts the week before Christmas eve and for those 7 days we each take turns giving small gifts and having snacks and spending time together.
  I love it.  Yesterday we spent the last day of Hispanicah celebrating Christmas with my aunts, uncle, cousins and two grandmas.  We had a turkey dinner and it was amazing.  Not only that, my uncle and aunt made the most amazing posole I've ever had.  I mean... it was soooo effing amazing that I was stuffed to the point of being sick and still opted to eat another bowl because it was so effing yummy.
  I had such a great time yesterday.  I loved spending it with my family.  It was just awesome.  I got some great gifts and had a great time.
  Not only do I have my little family's wonderful tradition of Hispanicah, I now have the amazing tradition of Festivus that my wonderful friend, @atknitsend introduced me to.  It's a holiday for the creative.  I got my present from her today and it was partially open when the mailman delivered it to my door, so I figured, what the hey... and opened it to make sure everything was okay :) and I received the most amazing socks and yarn and shawlette!  I'm in love with everything!!!  I'm wearing the socks as we speak...  I'm so happy.  My heart is super smiling now.
  I love my family.  I love my friends.  I love my fur babies.  I love my honey bunny boo. I'm one lucky and blessed girl.

P.S.
If everyone could please keep my mom's dog Mayhem in your thoughts and prayers and send positive vibes our way, it would be greatly appreciated.  Please don't ask questions at this time, I don't want to talk about it, I just want to know that we have people thinking about and praying for this amazingly loving great dane/puppy/giant lap dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment