Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Why I Won't Be Watching Ted...

  You see, a few years back I used to LOVE Seth Macfarlane.  I thought he was hilarious.  Then, one day he took his anti-religious jokes too far in his TV shows.  It just became unfunny to me.  I have absolutely no qualms with people having their own choice of religion or no religion, whatever it may be, but I also like to have the same choice. 
   The thing is, I don't like to have things shoved down my throat.  Especially when it's something that reaches such a large audience like a television show because then people blankly take it in without even noticing that they are being forcefed anti religion semantics.  I'm not one to take such matters lightly.  A few jokes here and there I can let slide but when it is EVERY FUCKING EPISODE, it grows old.  You can be funny, without bringing up religion.  I understand that he is an atheist and therefore doesn't like religion, but he's also said that he doesn't have a problem with religious people, if that's the case, then keep religion out of your humor, dude.  I thought his shit (sans religious jokes) was pretty effing witty, but now, I think he's tired. 
   I don't support him.  I can't support him.  I'm not even religious!  I'm spiritual.  I don't believe in organized religion.  I believe in my own special bond with God that can't be broken but I just can't support some a-hole who makes fun of religion because it just seems wrong to me.  I can't handle it. Therefore, I won't be watching Ted or anything that Seth Macfarlane is associated with.  It's kind of the same concept with Tom Cruise, I don't support him because I think he's an idiot.  Seth Macfarlane is kind of in that same category.

No comments:

Post a Comment