Friday, June 1, 2012

I believe I can fly...

Day 26:  Your Religious Beliefs
   It's hard to explain things here.  You see, I don't believe in organized religion, simply because I feel that judgment is often passed too harshly on others.  I know this from first hand experience.  

I often get scripture thrown at me, when fine, you wanna take scripture and use it on me, you also have to take into account the fact that we all have different minds and not everyone sees things the same way.  One chapter, one paragraph, one sentence, even one word can mean something different to every person who reads it.  We aren't all robots, we aren't all programmed the same way. We were given minds to use and to interpret things differently.  

Everyone who doesn't like my tattoos says that it says it's wrong in the bible, yet what they tell me is that is says not to adorn yourself.  Well, if that were the case then we'd all wear burlap sacks and never try to wear anything to flatter the body or make ourselves "presentable."  There would be no "Sunday best."  Because when one adorns themselves, they are trying to make themselves look beautiful.   OR they tell me that the bible says my body is my temple, ok, well, I want to decorate my temple with some artwork that represents my personality.  See?  There are different ways to see things, not all things are taken in the same context all the time.

The other thing is, I have such a strong faith and bond to the Lord, I don't worry about how others feel about me and my actions.  All I worry about is my relationship.  I don't feel the need to shove my beliefs down other people's throats, and I don't want theirs shoved down mine.  Maybe it is a little easier to explain than I thought... I mean, there's more of course, but that's the gist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment