Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Say Anything...

Day 24: Things You Want to Say to 5 Different People
I'm not sure if these people have to be dead or alive, but I suppose since it's my list and there isn't any specific detail, I get to do what I want, right?

Grandpa Nelson
  • I wish I had more time with you.  13 years just wasn't enough.  You were one of my best friends and I miss you more than you will ever know.  I wish that you got to know CW, I'd like to know what you thought of him, I'm sure you would like him.  He's got light hair and eyes, kinda like you. I used to get embarrassed when you'd say you were going to dance at my wedding, now more than anything, I wish you were here to do so.
Grandpa Paul
  • It's been about 5 and a half years since you left us, I can still hear your voice.  I look at the tattoo of the nickname you guys gave me on my leg and I'm glad you got to see it before you left.  I'm glad I got it.  It's my little piece of you.  I also wish you too could have met CW.  My dad keeps telling him that you'd call him a "honky" the same way you called my dad one.  My dad misses that.  He misses you.  We all do.  I miss helping you put the brakes on my car.  I miss hearing you yell out "cat stew" randomly at me.   
Mom
  • You have done everything possible to try to fix the wrongs that have been done to me.  I appreciate everything that you have done and do.  I love you.
Dad
  • It scares me how much we are alike.  Seriously.  I suppose if I were going to be like anyone it would be like you, you have such a big heart and a lot of love to give.  I see it now.  I thank you for giving that to me.  I love you.
CW
  • Thank you for loving me despite all the shattered pieces that you have had to pick up and repair over the years.  Thank you for not just letting me stay broken, but helping to put me together.  I know that it's be tough and that I sometimes make life difficult, but underneath it all, I love you more than you or anyone could ever imagine.