Friday, December 27, 2013

My Christmas Nightmare

   A few nights before Christmas, I had my first episode of ISP (Isolated Sleep Paralysis) and it was the scariest fucking thing I've ever experienced.
   I was asleep when I felt one of the cats run past my legs so I popped awake and as I was looking for the cat, I felt the comforter press down on my right arm, it felt like my cat Chuck was walking toward me, but I looked and saw only the comforter move down and NOTHING WAS THERE.  I started to freak the fuck out and tried to move my left arm to throw the covers off, BUT I COULDN'T!
   It felt like I was being pinned down by some unknown being.  I finally was able to get my left arm free and throw the blankets off and my heart was racing.  I then covered myself and went back to sleep. I couldn't shake this when I woke up, however.  I was still freaked the fuck out.   When we woke up that morning, I told CW about this and he told me that he'd read about Sleep Paralysis and what I had explained to him sounded exactly like that.
   I was at first telling him, "No, I think that fucking ghost is fucking with me."  Then I thought about it, and said, "Well, it could have been a hallucination, although my hallucinations are usually only audio..." He shook his head and said, "I'm pretty sure it was sleep paralysis."  So, I spent that entire day feeling off kilter because I was unsure of what was going on.
   Later that day CW was reading to me about sleep paralysis and it sounded fucking spot on.  I hate that I had to experience this and I hope that no one ever has to go through what I did.  All I felt was fear.  I would never wish this upon anyone.
   I hope that I never experience that again.  Since that night, I have decided to take a break from crafting for a bit because I was so anxious about getting everything done, I think that all the stress it what caused this episode.  So, I'm taking a few days off to gather my bearings and read a bit.  To all those that I love and owe gifts to, please, accept my apology for their tardiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment